Monday, June 13, 2011

Water Front Ale House, Brooklyn

So you are in Brooklyn and you want a craft beer with lunch.  Well its going to be the http://www.waterfrontalehouse.com/.  As far as I can tell nothing else opens until 4:00


Let's start with The Water Front Ale House is not on the water.  But it is open for lunch and has a large image of Micheal Jackson on the wall. I found that comforting.  The lunch menu was short but interesting.  I had the venison burger with IPA sauteed  mushrooms and hand cut fries.  The Bride had the chicken nachos.  Both very good.  Burger was cooked to perfection.  Loose Canon IPA went well with the burger.  Wanted to have Avery's The Reverend.  Barley Wine seemed a bit much at lunch.  Man I'm getting old.  They had all the Brooklyn locals on tap.  Sixpoints, Kelso and Brooklyn EIPA.  I wasn't ready for a Brooklyn tasting by myself.  There is that old thing again.  So I had to settle on a "LAH-GOO-KNEE-TUSS" Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale.  Feel my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment