If you have not attended a Wild Game Night at The City Beer Hall, in Albany, you are missing one of the best food and beer pairs in this part of the world. This dinner was even better than the Crossroads Brewery event two months ago. Chef Dimitris was on his game. I don't know many who can put out 120 wild boar chops cooked to perfection. With extra waitstaff the food came out fast and hot. Ithaca was able to prove they are more than just Flower Power. Pairing beers from their Excelsior series helped. The highlight for me was the last course. Excelsior Brute Golden Sour Ale served with Venison Osso Bucco with marrow sauce over faro.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 at 10:14 am by Steve Barnes, senior writerBroadway Brew Biergarten, the replacement for Broadway Brew in Troy, which was closed in mid-March as part of a two-month penalty ordered by the city, opens at noon Saturday (5/19). There will be 16 German and Belgian beers on draft plus 50 more beers in bottles. In a news release, owner Kareem Jandali says, “Broadway Brew Biergarten will be the only bar in Troy that will have picnic tables and free peanuts,” and promises, “As soon as you walk in, the décor and the authentic costumes the staff will be wearing will make you feel as if you were in Germany.”
The restaurant is located at 254 Broadway. More details on hours, menu and beer list when I have them. The Facebook page is here.
Thursday, May 10, 2012
- Jaime Ortiz, corporate executive chef, Mazzone Hospitality
- Ric Orlando, chef-owner, New World Home Cooking and New World Bistro Bar
- Brian Bowden, executive chef, Creo
- Elliot Cunniff, executive chef, Colonie Golf & Country Club
- Rachel Mabb, Bitches Kitchen
- A.J. Jayapal, corporate director of food and beverage, Mallozzi Group
- Paul Ozimek, executive chef, Taste
- Marcus Guiliano, executive chef/owner, AromaThyme Bistro
Tickets are $55 and are available online.